- NASHA MUKT BHARAT ABHIYAAN
- INS TABAR
NASHA MUKT BHARAT ABHIYAAN
Focus: GS II- Social Justice
Why in News?
Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment launched the website for the Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan (NMBA) on the occasion of International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- To strengthen Indian determination against drug abuse in any form.
- To send a message to the world that India will leave no stone unturned to fight against this evil.
- Also reaffirms India’s commitment to achieve social goals, initiatives to end drug abuse and strengthen community–centric approaches and outcomes.
- Nasha Mukt Bharat Abhiyaan website launched today provides detailed information about the Abhiyaan and its activities
Anti-Drug Action Plan (Nasha Mukt Bharat Annual Action Plan for 2020-21)
Nasha Mukt Bharat Annual Action Plan for 2020-21 would focus on 272 most affected districts (list in Annexure) and launch a three-pronged attack combining efforts of
- Narcotics Bureau,
- Outreach/Awareness by Social Justice
- Treatment through the Health Dept.
The Action Plan has the following components:
- Awareness generation programmes;
- Focus on Higher Educational institutions,
- University Campuses and Schools;
- Community outreach and identification of dependent population;
- Focus on Treatment facilities in Hospital settings;
- Capacity Building Programmes for Service Provider.
Aims of Nasha Mukt Bharat:
- Reach out to about 4 Lakh Children and Youth for awareness about ill-effects of drug use.
- Increase community participation and public cooperation
- Supporting Government Hospitals for opening up De- addiction Center in addition to existing Ministry Supported De-addiction Centers (IRCAs)
- Conducting Training programme for about 10000 participants
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment is the nodal Ministry for drug demand reduction which coordinates and monitors all aspects of drug abuse prevention which include assessment of the extent of the problem, preventive action, treatment and rehabilitation of addicts, dissemination of information and public awareness.
Focus: GS III- Internal Security
Why in News ?
In order to enhancing military cooperation with friendly nations Indian Naval Ship Tabar commenced prolonged deployment on 13 June.
About INS Tabar
- INS Tabar, is a Talwar class stealth Frigate built for Indian Navy in Russia.
- The ship has a complement of 300 personnel.
- The ship is equipped with a versatile range of weapons and sensors.
- Also is among the earliest stealth frigates of the Indian Navy.
- The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet which is based at Mumbai under Western Naval Command