- GURU TEGH BAHADHUR
- PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA
GURU TEGH BAHADHUR
Focus: GS I- History
Why in news?
Prime Minister chaired the meeting of the High Level Committee to commemorate 400th Birth Anniversary (Prakash Purab) of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji. The meeting was organised via video conferencing.
Guru Tegh Bahadur (1621–1675)
- Guru Tegh Bahadur was the ninth of ten Gurus of the Sikh religion. He was born at Amritsar in 1621 and was the youngest son of Guru Hargobind.
- His term as Guru ran from 1665 to 1675. One hundred and fifteen of his hymns are in Guru Granth Sahib.
- There are several accounts explaining the motive behind the assassination of Guru Tegh Bahadur on Aurangzeb’s orders.
- He stood up for the rights of Kashmiri Pandits who approached him against religious persecution by Aurangzeb.
- He was publicly killed in 1675 on the orders of Mughal emperor Aurangzeb in Delhi for himself refusing Mughal rulers and defying them.
- Gurudwara Sis Ganj Sahib and Gurdwara Rakab Ganj Sahib in Delhi mark the places of execution and cremation of his body.
PRADHAN MANTRI KAUSHAL VIKAS YOJANA
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Interventions
Why in news?
Skill India Conducts First-of-its-kind Regional Workshop to Accelerate Implementation of PMKVY 3.0 in Gangtok, Sikkim.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is a skill development initiative scheme of the Government of India for recognition and standardisation of skills.
- Launched in 2015, it is a flagship program of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) implements it with the help of training partners.
- Under this Scheme, Training and Assessment fees are completely paid by the Government.
- Skill training would be done based on the National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) and industry led standards.
- Short Term Training: Training as per National Skills Qualification Framework (NSQF) is provided to those who are either school/college dropouts or unemployed.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): An individual with a certain set of skills or with prior learning experience is assessed and certified under RPL with grade according to the NSQF.
- Special Projects: This component ensures training in special areas and premises of government bodies and corporate. It aims to encourage training in vulnerable and marginalized groups of society.
- Training Partners (TPs) are mandated to organize Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months, thus providing placement assistance to certified ones.
Aims of PMKVY
- Its Aim is to encourage aptitude towards employable skills and to increase working efficiency of probable and existing daily wage earners, by giving monetary awards and rewards and by providing quality training to them.
- It aims to mobilize youth to take up skill training with the aim of increasing productivity and aligning the training and certification to the needs of the country.
- To enable a large number of Indian youths to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
- Individuals with prior learning experience or skills will also be assessed and certified under Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).