- Guru Ravidas Jayanti
- Uttarakhand’s First Heli Services under UDAN flagged off
- “Hunar Haat” proved to be a “Mega Mission” of economic empowerment of needy master artisans and craftsmen
GURU RAVIDAS JAYANTI
- Great Saint Guru Ravidas was a prophet of peace, love, truth and social reawakening.
- He was a champion of human values which are extremely relevant in the contemporary world.
- As a social reformer, he was also concerned about well-being of women, downtrodden and poor.
- In his discourses, he taught us simplicity and discretion.
- He lived an exemplary life full of faith, devotion and service of humanity.
- He believed that service of mankind is service to God.
- Ravidas was an Indian mystic poet-saint of the Bhakti movement during the 15th to 16th century CE
- Ravidas was one of the disciples of the bhakti saint-poet Ramananda and a contemporary of the bhakti saint-poet Kabir
- Ravidas’ devotional songs were included in the Sikh scriptures, Guru Granth Sahib.
UTTARAKHAND’S FIRST HELI SERVICES UNDER UDAN FLAGGED OFF
Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) operationalized the first ever helicopter services from Dehradun’s Sahastradhara helipad to Gauchar, and Chinyalisaur under the Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik (RCS-UDAN) of Government of India.
“HUNAR HAAT” PROVED TO BE A “MEGA MISSION” OF ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF NEEDY MASTER ARTISANS AND CRAFTSMEN
- The success of “Hunar Haat” can be gauged from the fact that about 3 lakh needy master artisans, craftsmen & culinary experts have been provided employment and employment opportunities through “Hunar Haat” in the last about 3 years.
- These beneficiaries include a large number of women artisans.
- In the next 5 years, about 100 “Hunar Haat” will be organised across the country which will result into employment opportunities to lakhs of artisans and craftsmen and people