- Central Zoo Authority
- Ex VINBAX 2022
- AL NAJAH-IV
Focus: GS III: Environment and Ecology
Why in News?
The 39th Meeting of the Central Zoo Authority was held under the chairmanship of the Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- The CZA is the body of the government responsible for oversight of zoos constituted under the section 38A of Wild Life (Protection) Act 1972.
- Standards and norms for housing, upkeep, health care and overall management of animals in zoos have been laid down under the Recognition of Zoo Rules, 1992.
- The Authority consists of a Chairman, ten members and a Member Secretary.
- Every zoo in the country is required to obtain recognition from the Authority for its operation.
To enforce minimum standards and norms for upkeep and healthcare of animals in Indian zoos and to control mushrooming of unplanned and ill-conceived zoos
Click Here To Read More: 39th Meeting of the Central Zoo Authority
Focus: GS III: Security Challenges
Why in News?
The 3rd Edition of Vietnam India Bilateral Army Exercise “Ex VINBAX 2022” is scheduled to be conducted at Chandimandir from 01 to 20 Aug 2022.
About Ex VINBAX 2022:
- The exercise is a sequel to previously conducted bilateral exercise in Vietnam in 2019 and a major milestone in strengthening the bilateral relations between India and Vietnam.
- India and Vietnam share a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership and defence cooperation is a key pillar of this partnership.
- Vietnam is an important partner in India’s Act East policy and the Indo-Pacific vision.
Theme of Ex VINBAX – 2022:
- Employment and deployment of an Engineer Company and a Medical Team as part of United Nations Contingent for Peace Keeping Operations.
- The conduct of Ex VINBAX – 2022 as a field training exercise with enhanced scope from previous editions of bilateral exercise will strengthen mutual confidence, inter-operability and enable sharing of best practices between the Indian Army and Vietnam People’s Army.
- The joint exercise will also provide an opportunity to the troops of both the Contingents to learn about the social and cultural heritage of each other.
Focus: GS III: Security challenges
Why in News?
The 4th Edition of India Oman Joint Military Exercise ‘AL NAJAH-IV’ between contingents of Indian Army and the Royal Army of Oman is scheduled to take place at the Foreign Training Node of Mahajan Field Firing Ranges (Rajasthan) from 01 to 13 August 2022.
About AL NAJAH-IV:
- The Royal Army of Oman contingent comprising 60 personnel from the Sultan of Oman Parachute Regiment have arrived at the exercise location.
- The previous edition of Ex AL NAJAH IV was organised at Muscat from 12 to 25 March 2019.
- The scope of the exercise includes professional interaction, mutual understanding of drills & procedures, establishment of joint command & control structures and elimination of terrorist threats.
- The joint exercise would focus on Counter Terrorism Operations, Regional Security Operations and Peace Keeping Operations under United Nations charter apart from organising joint physical training schedules, tactical drills, techniques and procedures.
The joint military exercise aims to enhance the level of defence co-operation between Indian Army and Royal Army of Oman and will further manifest in enhancing the bilateral relations between the two nations.