- Integration of ODOP with ONDC
- Rashtriya Poshan Maah
Focus: GS III- Agriculture
Why in News?
Union Minister for Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles called for the integration of One District One Product (ODOP) initiative with Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC).
- The Minister said that ONDC would help in further expanding the frontiers of ODOP by bringing buyers and sellers together on a democratic platform.
About One District, One Product
Nodal: Ministry of Food Processing Industries(MOFPI).
- The ODOP initiative is aimed at manifesting the vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India to foster balanced regional development across all districts of the country.
- The idea is to select, brand, and promote One Product from each District of the country
- For enabling holistic socioeconomic growth across all regions
- To attract investment in the District to boost manufacturing and exports
- To generate employment in the District
- To provide ecosystem for Innovation/ use of Technology at District level to make them competitive with domestic as well as International marke
Click Here To Read More: Integration of ODOP With ONDC
Focus: GS II- Health
Why in News?
The Ministry of Women and Child Development is celebrating the 5th Rashtriya Poshan Maah 2022 from 1st to 30th September 2022.
- This year, the objective is to trigger Poshan Maah through Gram Panchayats as Poshan Panchayats with key focus on “Mahila aur Swasthya” and “Bacha aur Shiksha”.
National Nutrition Month (Rashtriya Poshan Maah)
- The entire month of September is celebrated as the Rashtriya Poshan Maah.
- The purpose of celebrating the Poshan month is to take the message of nutrition to every nook and corner of the country (especially grass root level) and to focus on complimentary food, treatment, and prevention from infections in children.
- The programme is an initiative of Women and Child Development Ministry and NITI Aayog is supported by 18 line Ministries / Departments / Government Organizations.
- It seeks to synergise all efforts by leveraging technology and intends to take nutrition awareness to the level of Jan Andolan or People’s Movement.
- The programme focuses on 8 themes – Antenatal Care, Optimal Breastfeeding (Early & Exclusive), Complementary Feeding, Anemia, Growth Monitoring, Girls-education, diet, right age of Marriage, Hygiene & Sanitation, Food Fortification.
Click Here To Read More: Rashtriya Poshan Maah