- PM Gati Shakti
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
- Yuva Sangam Portal
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Since its launch in October 2021, The Network Planning Group (NPG), under the PM GatiShakti institutional structure, have held 41 meetings in the last one year and analysed, and examined 61 project as per PM GatiShakti principles.
About PM Gati Shakti:
- It will incorporate the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN etc.
- Economic Zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity & make Indian businesses more competitive.
- It will also leverage technology extensively including spatial planning tools with ISRO imagery
- developed by BiSAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics).
Click Here To Read More: PM Gati Shakti
Focus: GS II: Government schemes
Why in News?
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana generated 1.12 crore net additional employment from 2015 to 2018.
About Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) is a flagship scheme of Government of India.
- The scheme facilitates micro credit/Loan up to Rs. 10 lakh to income generating micro enterprises engaged in the non farm sector in manufacturing, processing, trading or service sector.
- MUDRA supports Financial Intermediaries to extend loans to the non-corporate, non-farm sector income generating activities of micro and small entities.
- These Micro and small entities comprises of millions of proprietorship / partnership firms running as small manufacturing units, service sector units, shopkeepers, fruits / vegetable vendors, truck operators, food-service units, repair shops, machine operators, small industries, artisans, food processors and others, in rural and urban
Click Here To Read More: Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana
Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
The Yuva Sangam registration portal was launched at IGNCA in New Delhi.
About Yuva Sangam Portal
- To strengthen the bond between the youth of North East India and the rest of the country.
Objectives of Yuva Sangam
- Minister of DoNER, Culture and Tourism, spoke about the objectives of the Yuva Sangam program, which is to connect the youth of North East India with the rest of the country through cross-cultural learning opportunities.
- Over 20,000 students will have the chance to travel across India and gain a better understanding of the country’s culture and diversity.
Opportunities for Youth
- The program will give the youth of North East India the opportunity to see, understand, and do something for the country.
- 300 out of the 1000 students participating in the program will be from the North East region.
- He emphasized that the Yuva Sangam embodies the philosophy of India’s rich culture, history, and heritage.