- Ex Khaan Quest 2022
Focus: GS III- Science and Technology
Why in News?
Recently, India successfully tested the Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) Agni-4, which met all parameters.
- The flight was part of routine user training launches carried out under the aegis of the Strategic Forces Command (SFC).
- The SFC is responsible for the management and administration of the country’s tactical and strategic nuclear weapons stockpile. It is a part of India’s Nuclear Command Authority.
Click Here To Read More: Agni-4
Focus: GS III- Security Challenges
Why in News?
A Multinational Peacekeeping exercise “Ex Khaan Quest 2022” featuring participation from military contingents from 16 countries has commenced in Mongolia .
- Indian Army is represented by a contingent from the LADAKH SCOUTS.
- The 14 day exercise is aimed at enhancing interoperability, building military to military relationships, developing peace support operations and military readiness among participating nations.
- The exercise will also enable sharing of best practices between the Armed Forces of participating nations and will include field training exercises, combat discussions, lectures and demonstration.
- The military exercise will enhance the level of defence co-operation between Indian Army and participating countries especially with the Mongolian Armed Forces which will enhance bilateral relations between the two countries.