- Central Consumer Protection Authority
- Raja Ram Mohan Roy
Focus: GS II- Polity and Governance
Why in News?
The Central Consumer Protection Authority has passed order against Cloudtail India Pvt. Ltd. for violation of consumer rights and unfair trade practice by selling domestic pressure cookers in violation to mandatory standards prescribed as per Domestic Pressure Cooker (Quality Control) Order, 2020.
About Central Consumer Protection Authority
- CCPA is a regulatory body established in 2020 based on the provisions of the Consumer Protection Act, 2019.
- CCPA works under the administrative control of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs.
- It will have a Chief Commissioner as head, and only two other commissioners as members — one of whom will deal with matters relating to goods while the other will look into cases relating to services.
- The CCPA will have an Investigation Wing that will be headed by a Director General.
- District Collectors too, will have the power to investigate complaints of violations of consumer rights, unfair trade practices, and false or misleading advertisements.
Click Here To Read More: Central Consumer Protection Authorit
Focus: GS I- Personalities in News
Why in News?
Recently, A two-day vibrant performance of dance based on life of Raja Rammohun Roy at Kartavya Path concluded.
About Raja Ram Mohan Roy:
- He is one of the most influential social and religious reformers of the 19th century.
- He was born on May 22,1772 in what was then Bengal Presidency’s Radhanagar in Hooghly district.
- As India grapples increasingly with changing social and religious circumstances, Roy’s work in the sphere of women’s emancipation, modernising education and seeking changes to religious orthodoxy finds new relevance in this time.
Click Here To Read More: Raja Ram Mohan Roy