- Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST)
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat
Focus: GS III: Science and Technology
Why in News?
A new I-STEM (Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map) initiative called “Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST)” was launched by, Scientific Secretary, Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (PSA) to the Government of India on 5th September 2022.
About WEST programme:
- The WEST programme will cater to women with a STEM background and empower them to contribute to the science, technology, and innovation ecosystem.
- Through the WEST initiative, I-STEM shall provide a separate platform to scientifically inclined women researchers, scientists, and technologists for pursuing research in basic or applied sciences in frontier areas of science and engineering.
- Women may join the WEST program and explore opportunities to become stakeholders in various domains and pursue careers in R&D at various levels: technicians, technologists, scientists, and entrepreneurs.
- Opportunities range from operating scientific equipment and maintaining them, to designing and manufacturing them.
Click Here To Read More: Women in Engineering, Science, and Technology (WEST)
Focus: GS III: Cyber Security
Why in News?
Recently, the National e-Governance Division (NeGD),organised the 30th Chief Information Security Officers (CISO) Deep-Dive training programme at the Indian Institute of Public Administration (IIPA), New Delhi.
About Cyber Surakshit Bharat
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative was conceptualized with the mission to spread awareness about cyber-crime and build capacities of Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials, across all government departments.
- It was launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
- The CISO training is the first-of-its-kind partnership between the Government and industry consortium under Public Private Partnership (PPP) model.
- NeGD , an arm of the Ministry of Electronics and IT, will provide logistic support in arranging the training programmes, whereas the industry consortium will provide technical support for the training.
- The training partners from the industry are Microsoft, IBM, Intel, Palo Alto Networks, E&Y, and Dell-EMC. NIC, CERT-In, and CDAC are knowledge partners from the Government side.
Click Here To Read More: Cyber Surakshit Bharat