- PM SVANidhi
- Rooftop Solar Programme
Focus: GS II- Government policies and interventions
Why in News?
The Government of India has extended the PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) Scheme beyond March, 2022 with the following provisions:
- Extension of lending period till December 2024;
- Introduction of 3rd loan of upto ₹50,000 in addition to 1st & 2nd loans of ₹10,000 and ₹20,000 respectively.
- To extend ‘SVANidhi Se Samriddhi’ component for all beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi scheme across the country;
Click Here To Read More: PM SVANidhi
Focus: GS II: Government policies and Intervention
Why in News?
The Rooftop Solar Programme has been extended till 31.03.2026 and therefore, subsidy under the programme will be available until the target under the Programme is achieved.
About the Programme:
The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy is executing the Grid-connected Rooftop Solar Scheme to produce solar energy by mounting solar panels on the roofs of the homes..
Grid-Connected Rooftop Solar Scheme (Phase II):
- By the year 2022, it hopes to have installed 40,000 MW of rooftop solar projects.
- In a rooftop or small solar photovoltaic (SPV) system that is connected to the grid, the power conditioning unit converts the DC power generated by the SPV panel to AC electricity, which is then delivered to the grid.
Click Here To Read More: Rooftop Solar Programme