- Exercise TROPEX-23 – Indian Navy’s Largest War Game
- Incredible India Campaign
Exercise TROPEX-23 – Indian Navy’s Largest War Game
Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
The Indian Navy’s major operational-level exercise, TROPEX, for 2023, conducted from November 2022 to March 2023, culminated this week in the Arabian Sea.
About Exercise TROPEX-23:
- TROPEX is conducted biennially and includes participation from Indian Navy units, Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Coast Guard assets.
- The exercise is being conducted over a duration of three months, from January to March.
- To validate and refine the Navy’s Concept of Operations, including operational logistics and interoperability with other services.
- To test the combat readiness of the combined Fleets of the Indian Navy to operate in a multi-threat environment.
- All surface combatants of the Indian Navy including Destroyers, Frigates, Corvettes as well as submarines and aircraft are put through complex maritime operational deployments.
- The exercise is being conducted in different phases, both in harbour and at sea, encompassing various facets of combat operations, including live weapon firings.
- Provides an opportunity to test the combat readiness of the combined Fleets of the Indian Navy to operate in a multi-threat environment.
- Facilitates operational level interaction with the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and the Coast Guard, which will further strengthen interoperability and joint operations in a complex environment.
Incredible India Campaign
Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India under its “Incredible India” brand line is participating in ITB, Berlin 2023, showcasing India’s rich & diversified tourism potential. It also aims to promote India as a ‘Must See, Must Visit’ destination.
About Incredible India Campaign:
- The ITB is a prestigious international travel show where travel professionals come together to connect and showcase destinations and tourism products.
- The Ministry of Tourism has participated in ITB to promote Incredible India.
Thematic Television Commercials:
- The Ministry of Tourism has developed five thematic television commercials on Adventure Tourism, Heritage Tourism, MICE Tourism, Art & Craft, and Wellness Tourism to promote Incredible India.
Visit India Year 2023:
- The Ministry of Tourism has declared “Incredible India! Visit India Year 2023” to encourage inbound travel, especially in light of India’s G20 Presidency and grand celebrations of India@75 ‘AzadikaAmritMahotsav’.
Key Facts about Incredible India Campaign:
- Incredible India is an international tourism campaign by the Government of India since 2002 to promote tourism in India.
- Incredible India 2.0 Campaign aims to shift from generic promotions to specific promotional plans and thematic creatives depending on different niche products such as spiritual, medical, and wellness tourism.
- Incredible India 2.0 focuses on promoting niche tourism products, including yoga, wellness, luxury, and cuisine wildlife.
- Incredible India 2.0 is the post-pandemic plan for India’s tourism sector.
- Nodal Ministry: Ministry of Tourism.
Scheme under Incredible India 2.0 Campaign:
- The Holistic Island Development plan focuses on the Andaman & Nicobar (A&N) and Lakshadweep Islands to promote tourism.