- Vande Bharat Express
Focus: Indigenization of technology
Why in News?
Union Minister of railways said that Indian Railways had successfully completed trials of the second generation Vande Bharat train that will come with enhanced passenger comfort and safety features.
About Vande Bharat 2:
- Vande Bharat 2 will be equipped with more advancements and improved features like 0 to 100 Kmpl speed in just 52 second, maximum speed up to 180 Kmph, lesser weight of 392 ton instead of 430 ton and WI-FI content on demand.
- New Vande Bharat will also have 32-inch LCD TVs which was of 24 inch in earlier version.
- 15 percent more energy efficient ACs with dust free clean air cooling of traction motor will make the travel more comfortable.
Click Here To Read More: Vande Bharat Express
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission leads social mobilisation campaign to bring left out households under its fold
- It is the Mission’s agenda to support every rural poor household to have Agri Nutri Garden to fulfill the need of the family’s nutrition and any excess production can also be sold for income generation.
- The initiative is also helping in promoting nutritional awareness, education and behavioral change in rural areas involving farm women and school children, harnessing traditional knowledge through the local recipe to overcome malnutrition and implementing nutrition-sensitive agriculture through homestead agriculture and Nutri-garden.
About Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihood Mission:
- It is a centrally sponsored programme, launched by the Ministry of Rural Development in June 2011.
- To eliminate rural poverty through the promotion of multiple livelihoods and improved access to financial services for the rural poor households across the country.
- To reach out to all rural poor households and impact their livelihoods.
The objective of the Mission is to promote sustainable livelihoods for the poor such that they come out of poverty. The institutions of the poor are intended to facilitate
- access to formal credit;
- support for diversification and strengthening of livelihoods;
- and access to entitlements and public services.
Click Here To Read More: DAY-NRLM