- National Ayurveda Day
National Ayurveda Day 2023
The National Ayurveda Day (Dhanwantari Jayanti) – 2023 was observed on 09 November, 2023
Facts for Prelims
Dimensions of the Article:
- Ayurveda Day
- National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award
The National Ayurveda Day is celebrated every year on the occasion of Dhanwantari Jayanti (Dhanteras). (Lord Dhanvantari, an avatar of Lord Vishnu, is considered as divine propagator of Ayurveda; i.e., God of Medicine or God of Ayurveda.)
Objectives of Ayurveda Day
- An attempt to further promote Ayurveda into mainstream
- Focus on strengths of Ayurveda and its unique treatment principles.
- Reduce the burden of disease and related morbidity and mortality by utilizing the potential of Ayurveda.
- Exploring the potential of Ayurveda to contribute towards National health policy & National Health programmes.
- Create a sense of awareness in today’s generation and promote Ayurvedic principles of healing in society.
National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award
- The National Dhanwantari Ayurveda Award has been instituted by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India to be conferred on Ayurveda experts possessing qualifications according to the Indian Medical Central Council (IMCC) Act and having profound contribution to the field of Ayurveda.
- The award is conferred every year on the Ayurveda Day.