- National Legal Services Day
- Maulana Azad and Acharya Kripalani
- PM Gati Shakti
National Legal Services Day
Focus: GS II- Polity
Why in News?
The National Legal Services Day (NLSD) is celebrated on 9th November every year to spread awareness for ensuring reasonable fair and justice procedure for all citizens.
About National Legal Services Day:
- NLSD was first started by the Supreme Court of India in 1995 to provide help and support to poor and weaker sections of the society.
- Free legal services are provided in matters before Civil, Criminal and Revenue Courts, Tribunals or any other authority exercising judicial or quasi judicial functions.
- It is observed to make the citizens of the country aware of the various provisions under the Legal Services Authorities Act and the rights of the litigants. On this day, each jurisdiction organizes legal aid camps, Lok adalats, and legal aid programmes.
Click Here To Read More: National Legal Services Day
Maulana Azad and Acharya Kripalani
Focus: GS I- Modern Indian history.
Why in News?
PM pays tributes to Maulana Azad and Acharya Kripalani on their Jayanti
About Maulana Abul Kalam Azad
- The National Education Day of India is celebrated every year on 11 November to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India.
- Born on 11 November 1888 and died on 22 February 1958.
- He was senior Muslim leader of Indian National Congress during Indian independence movement.
- He is commonly remembered as Maulana Azad (word Maulana is honorific meaning ‘Our Master’) and he had adopted Azad (Free) as his pen name.
- In 1923, at age of 35, he became youngest person to serve as President of Indian National Congress.
- He served as Congress president from 1940 to 1945, during which Quit India rebellion was launched.
- He also worked for Hindu-Muslim unity through the Al-Hilal newspaper.
Click Here To Read More: Maulana Azad and Acharya Kripalani
PM Gati Shakti
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
The Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles said that the objective of the PM Gati Shakti Mission is to transform connectivity infrastructure in India.
About PM Gati Shakti:
- It will incorporate the infrastructure schemes of various Ministries and State Governments like Bharatmala, Sagarmala, inland waterways, dry/land ports, UDAN etc.
- Economic Zones like textile clusters, pharmaceutical clusters, defence corridors, electronic parks, industrial corridors, fishing clusters, agri zones will be covered to improve connectivity & make Indian businesses more competitive.
- It will also leverage technology extensively including spatial planning tools with ISRO imagery
- developed by BiSAG-N (Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics).
- The multi-modal connectivity will provide integrated and seamless connectivity for movement of people, goods and services from one mode of transport to another.
Click Here To Read More: PM Gati Shakti