- BIMSTEC Technology Transfer Facility (TTF)
- Scheme for Residential Education For Students in High schools in Targeted Areas
Focus: GS II- International Relations
Why in News?
The Union Cabinet chaired by the PM has approved a Memorandum of Association (MoA) by India for the establishment of the BIMSTEC Technology Transfer Facility (TTF).
The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) is an international organisation of seven nations of South Asia and Southeast Asia:
- Sri Lanka
- Myanmar (South-east Asia)
- Thailand (South-east Asia)
- Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Thailand are the member states dependent on the Bay of Bengal.
- Fourteen priority sectors of cooperation have been identified and several BIMSTEC centres have been established to focus on those sectors.
- The permanent secretariat of the BIMSTEC is in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Click Here To Read More: BIMSTEC Technology Transfer Facility (TTF)
Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Recently, the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched the scheme ‘SHRESHTA.’
The government has approved a new scheme named SHRESHTA (Residential Education for Students in High Schools in Targeted Areas) for the purpose of providing seats for the meritorious SC boys and girls in the best private residential schools in the country.
Click Here To Read More: Scheme for Residential Education For Students in High schools in Targeted Areas