- Grameen Udyami Project
Grameen Udyami Project
Focus: GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
Union Minister of State for Skill Development & Entrepreneurship and Electronics & IT, will attend the felicitation ceremony of over 200 tribal women who have successfully completed training under Phase 3 of the Grameen Udyami Scheme in Jharkhand.
About Grameen Udyami Project:
- Grameen Udyami is a unique multiskilling project, funded by NSDC that aims to train 450 tribal students in Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- The project is being implemented in six states— Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Gujarat.
- Increase in Rural/Local Economy
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Reduce forced migration due to lack of local opportunities
- Conservation of natural resources
The training under the project will be conducted in the following Job roles which are relevant to the local economy.
- Electrician & Solar PV Installation Technician
- Plumbing & Masonry
- 2-Wheeler Repair & Maintenance
- IT/ITES with e-Governance
- Farm Mechanization
The project is implemented under Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana.