- National Startup Advisory Council
Focus: GS II- Governance
Why in news?
The Minister of Commerce and Industry, Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and Textiles chaired the 4th meeting of National Startup Advisory Council (NSAC) in New Delhi.
About National Startup Advisory Council(NSAC):
- It was constituted by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Objective: This is to advise the Government on measures needed to build a strong startup ecosystem.
Composition of the Council
- Chairman: Minister for Commerce & Industry.
- Convener of the Council: Joint Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade.
Click Here To Read More: National Startup Advisory Council
Focus: GS III- Science and Technology
Why in News?
Recently, The Ministry of Communications has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M/s VVDN Technologies Private Limited to facilitate registered startups, innovators and MSMEs working in the field of Open RAN (Radio Access Network) to get their product tested at the existing lab of M/s VVDN.
Open-RAN (Radio Access Network)
- Open-RAN is not a technology, but rather an ongoing shift in mobile network architecture that allows networks to be built using subcomponents from a variety of vendors.
- O-RAN has an open, multi-vendor architecture for deploying mobile networks, as opposed to the single-vendor proprietary architecture.
- O-RAN uses software to make hardware manufactured by different companies work together.
- The key concept of Open RAN is “opening” the protocols and interfaces between the various subcomponents (radios, hardware and software) in the RAN.
Click Here To Read More: Open-RAN