- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- International Solar Alliance
Everything About Interpol
Focus: GS II: International Relations
Why in News?
The Prime Minister, addressed the 90th Interpol General Assembly in Pragati Maidan, New Delhi.
- The International Criminal Police Organization (ICPO), commonly known as INTERPOL, is an international organization that facilitates worldwide police cooperation and crime control.
- Headquartered in Lyon, it has seven regional bureaus worldwide and a National Central Bureau in all 194 member states, making it the world’s largest police organization.
- INTERPOL provides investigative support, expertise, and training to law enforcement worldwide, focusing on three major areas of transnational crime: terrorism, cybercrime, and organized crime.
Click Here To Read More: Everything About Interpol
Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
Focus: GS II- Health
Why in News?
National Health Authority (NHA) joined hands with National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) – a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI) to expedite implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM)
About Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission:
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will help connect digital health solutions across the country.
- All Indians will get a digital health ID under this scheme.
- Every citizen’s health record will now be digitally secure.
- The health ID will be used as health account.
- Personal health records can be linked to this account and viewed with the help of a mobile application.
- Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will provide reliable data, leading to better treatment and savings for patients too.
- The National Health Authority (NHA) will be the implementing agency of Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM).
Click Here To Read More : Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
About International Solar Alliance
Focus: GS II- International Relations
Why in News?
The Fifth Assembly of the International Solar Alliance was inaugurated by Minister of Power and New & Renewable Energy, India in his capacity as the President, International Solar Alliance.
About International Solar Alliance (ISA)
- The International Solar Alliance is an alliance of 121 countries initiated by India, most of them being sunshine countries, which lie either completely or partly between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn.
- The primary objective of the alliance is to work for efficient consumption of solar energy to reduce dependence on fossil fuels.
- The initiative was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the India Africa Summit, and a meeting of member countries ahead of the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference in Paris in November 2015.
- The Headquarters of ISA is in Gurugram, Haryana, India.
- The Purpose of ISA is Bring together a group of nations to endorse clean energy, sustainable environment, public transport and climate
- The membership of ISA is applicable to all UN Members.
- The alliance is a treaty-based inter-governmental organization.
- Countries that do not fall within the Tropics can join the alliance and enjoy all benefits as other members, with the exception of voting rights.
- After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states world-wide.
- The framework agreement of the International Solar Alliance opened for signatures in Marrakech, Morocco in November 2016, and 200 countries have joined.