- Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)
- ADIP Scheme & Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana
Focus: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
On Prime Minister’s 72nd birthday, KVIC Launches 72 PMEGP units to empower artisans.
Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)
- The Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) the result of the merger of two schemes – Prime Minister’s Rojgar Yojana (PMRY) and The Rural Employment Generation Programme (REGP).
- PMEGP is a credit-linked subsidy scheme which promotes self-employment through setting up of micro-enterprises, where subsidy up to 35% is provided by the Government through Ministry of MSME for loans up to ₹25 lakhs in manufacturing and ₹10 lakhs in the service sector.
- PMEGP was established for generation of employment opportunities through establishment of micro enterprises in rural as well as urban areas.
Click Here To Read More: Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP)
Focus: Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
A ‘Samajik Adhikarita Shivir’ for distribution of aids and assistive devices to ‘Divyangjan’ under the ADIP Scheme and Senior Citizen under RVY Scheme of the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India will be organized by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) in association with ALIMCO and District Administration, Jalaun , Uttar Pradesh.
ADIP Scheme- the Assistance to Disabled persons for purchasing/fitting of aids/appliances (ADIP) scheme:
Nodal: Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- Objective: to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable, sophisticated and scientifically manufactured, modern, standard aids and appliances that can promote their physical, social and psychological rehabilitation, by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential.
- The aids and appliances supplied under the Scheme shall conform to BIS specifications to the extent possible.
- The aim is to promote physical, social, psychological rehabilitation of Persons with Disabilities by reducing the effects of disabilities and at the same time enhance their economic potential.
- Grant-in-aid under the Scheme will Not be given for commercial supply of aids/appliances.
- Implementation: The scheme is implemented through implementing agencies such as NGOs, National Institutes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and ALIMCO (a PSU that manufactures artificial limbs).
Click Here To Read More: ADIP Scheme & Rashtriya Vayoshri Yojana