- One Nation One Ration Card
- 8th International Day of Yoga (IDY-2022)
Focus: GS III-Food Security
Why in News?
Assam has become the 36th State/UT to implement One Nation One Ration Card (ONORC). With this, the ONORC plan is successfully implemented in all the 36 states/UTs, making food security portable throughout the country.
About One Nation One Ration Card
Nodal: Ministry of Finance
- One Nation One Ration Card System is an important citizen centric reform.
- Its implementation ensures availability of ration to beneficiaries under National Food Security Act (NFSA) and other welfare schemes, especially the migrant workers and their families, at any Fair Price Shop (FPS) across the country.
- The reform especially empowers the migratory population mostly labourers, daily wagers, urban poor like rag pickers, street dwellers, temporary workers in organised and unorganised sectors, domestic workers etc, who frequently change their place of dwelling to be self-reliant in food security.
Click Here To Read More: One Nation One Ration Card
Focus: Facts for prelims
Why in News?
On 21st June, the eighth edition of International Day of Yoga (IDY) was observed across the world in solidarity.
- In the spirit of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav as the country celebrates 75th year of independence, International Yoga Day celebrations were held at 75 prominent Heritage spots across the country.
- A tribute to India’s ancient tradition of yoga, the event emphasized yoga’s role in achieving mental well-being in tandem with the theme for IDY 2022 – ‘Yoga for Humanity’
Click Here To Read More: 8th International Day of Yoga (IDY-2022)