- Bhoomi Rashi Portal
- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award
Bhoomi Rashi Portal
The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways recently said 1467 projects of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) have been brought under the Bhoomi Rashi Portal.
GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Bhoomi Rashi Portal: Streamlining Land Acquisition for Highways
- Initiative Overview:
- The Bhoomi Rashi Portal is an e-Governance initiative led by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- The primary goal is to expedite the land acquisition process specifically for National Highways in India.
- Single-Point Platform:
- Acts as a centralized platform for the online processing of land acquisition notifications, streamlining highway infrastructure development projects.
- Enhancing Efficiency:
- Aims to enhance the efficiency of the land acquisition process, ensuring transparency, accountability, and facilitating the direct e-transfer of benefits to beneficiaries.
- Key Features:
- Bilingual application (Hindi and English) for user-friendly accessibility.
- Interfaces for adding project details, including land acquisition sanctions and location details.
- Integration with the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) for real-time compensation deposition in beneficiaries’ accounts.
- Process Flow Interfaces:
- Various interfaces for Competent Authority for Land Acquisition (CALA), notification generation, land details, objection processing, compensation determination, and engagement with landowners and affected parties.
- Reports Generation:
- Comprehensive interface for generating reports to ensure effective monitoring and management of the land acquisition process.
- Integration with PFMS:
- Seamless integration with the Ministry of Finance’s Public Financial Management System for instantaneous compensation disbursement to affected/interested individuals.
Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award
India’s badminton stars Chirag Shetty and Satwik Sai Raj Rankireddy won the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna award announced by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports recently.
Facts for Prelims
Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award: Recognizing Sporting Excellence
Namesake and Legacy:
- Named after Major Dhyan Chand, an iconic Indian field hockey player, the award stands as a tribute to his legendary contributions to the sport.
Inception and Recognition:
- Instituted in 1991–1992, the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna Award is the highest sporting honor in India.
- Conferred annually by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- Recognition for exceptional performance in sports at the international level, spanning Olympic, Asian, Commonwealth, World Games, Championships, and equivalently recognized global tournaments over the preceding four years.
- Consideration of achievements during Olympic Games, Commonwealth Games, and Asian Games years.
- Ineligibility for sportspersons penalized or under investigation for the use of prohibited substances by WADA.
- Restriction on multiple awards to the same individual.
- Exceptional circumstances for relaxing the annual single-award norm.
- Provision for posthumous awards and cancellation for specific reasons, including doping.
- Cash prize of ₹25,00,000, exempt from income tax and wealth tax.
- Certificate of honor and a commemorative medal for each deserving sportsperson.