- Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee
- Open Network for Digital Commerce
Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee
Focus: GS I- Personalities in News
Why in News?
The Prime Minister has paid tributes to Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee on his Punya Tithi.
About Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee
- Shyama Prasad Mukherjee was born in a Bengali family on 6th July 1901. His father Ashutosh Mukherjee was a judge of the Calcutta High Court.
- He started his initial education in Bhawanipur’s Mitra Institution in 1906. He passed his matriculation exam and was admitted to Presidency College.
Click Here To Read More: Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee
Open Network for Digital Commerce
Focus: GS III- Indian Economy
Why in News?
The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry chaired a Advisory Council Meeting of the Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) initiative of DPIIT.
About Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) project
- The Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) is a project which is an initiative of the Department of Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) under the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- The task of promoting open networks developed on open-source methodology has been given to the Quality Council of India (QCI) for ONDC project.
- The expectations for ONDC are to digitise the entire value chain, standardise operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics, and enhance value for consumers.
Click Here To Read More: Open Network for Digital Commerce