- National Panchayati Raj Day
- PM gets Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award
GS II- Local Self Governance
Why in News?
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has greeted the people on National Panchayati Raj Day. He said that Panchayats are the pillars of the Indian Democracy.
What is National Panchayati Raj Day?
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in 2010. Since then, the National Panchayati Raj Day is celebrated on 24th April every year in India.
- The day marks the enactment of the 73rd amendment of the constitution in 1992.
Click Here To Read More: National Panchayati Raj Day
Focus: Government Policies and Interventions
Why in News?
PM launched distribution of e-property cards under SWAMITVA scheme on 24th April (National Panchayati Raj Day)
- SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) scheme is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Panchayati Raj Departments, State Revenue Departments and Survey of India.
- Aim: To provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- It is a scheme for mapping the land parcels in rural inhabited areas using drone technology and Continuously Operating Reference Station (CORS).
- The mapping will be done across the country in a phase-wise manner over a period of four years – from 2020 to 2024.
- The scheme will help in streamlining planning and revenue collection in rural areas and ensuring clarity on property rights.
- The scheme will enable creation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDPs), using the maps created under this programme.
- The Gram Panchayats are constitutionally mandated for preparation of Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDP) for economic development and social justice.
- The GPDP is based on a participatory process in convergence with schemes of all related Central Ministries/Line Departments related to 29 subjects listed in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution.
- Present Coverage Area: The program is currently being implemented in six states – Haryana, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
Focus: Facts for prelims
Why in News?
Recently, Prime Minister Narendra Modi received the first Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award.
- He got the award for his selfless service to the country and society at the 80th annual Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Awards ceremony held in Mumbai.
What is the Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award?
- The Lata Deenanath Mangeshkar Award was established in remembrance and honour of great singer Lata Mangeshkar, who died in February 2022 at the age of 92.
- According to the Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan Charitable Trust, the award will be granted annually to only one individual who has made ground-breaking, outstanding, and exceptional contributions to the nation, its people, and society.