- Battery Waste Management Rules, 2022
- Eklavya Model Residential School
Focus: Government polices and Interventions
Why in News?
Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India published the Battery Waste Management Rules, 2022 to ensure environmentally sound management of waste batteries.
About Battery Waste Management Rules, 2022:
- New rules will replace Batteries (Management and Handling) Rules, 2001.
- The rules cover all types of batteries
- Electric Vehicle batteries,
- Portable batteries,
- Automotive batteries
- Industrial batteries.
- The rules promote setting up of new industries and entrepreneurship in collection and recycling/refurbishment of waste batteries.
Click Here To Read More: Battery Waste Management Rules, 2022
Focus: GS II- Vulnerable Sections
Why in News?
National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS), under the aegis of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs conducted a virtual workshop on social media to orient EMRS teachers and faculty on social media attributes and tools.
About Eklavya Model Residential Schools:
- EMRS started in the year 1997-98 to impart quality education to ST children in remote areas in order to enable them to avail of opportunities in high and professional education courses and get employment in various sectors.
- Across the country, as per census 2011 figures, there are 564 such sub-districts out of which there is an EMRS in 102 sub-districts.
- As per revised 2018 scheme, every block with more than 50% ST population and at least 20,000 tribal persons, will have an EMRS by the year 2022.
- These schools will be on par with Navodaya Vidyalayas and will have special facilities for preserving local art and culture besides providing training in sports and skill development.
Click Here To Read More: Eklavya Model Residential School