- NHAI’s InvIT
Focus: GS-II: International Relations (Important International Groupings and Agreements, Foreign Policies affecting India’s Interests)
Why in News?
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare addressed the second G20 Health Ministers Meeting in Bali, Indonesia today. The purpose of the meeting was to discuss the progress and way forward on priorities in the healthcare sector.
- The G20 is an informal group of 19 countries and the European Union, with representatives of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
- The G20 membership comprises a mix of the world’s largest advanced and emerging economies, representing about two-thirds of the world’s population, 85% of global gross domestic product, 80% of global investment, over 75% of global trade and roughly half the world’s land area.
- The members of the G20 are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States, and the European Union.
Click Here To Read More: G20 Meet
Focus: GS III: Indian Economy
Why in News?
The round 2 of InvIT has been oversubscribed almost 5 times in 10% of the scheduled tenure.
What is NHAI’s InvIT?
- NHAI InvIT is the infrastructure investment trust sponsored by the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) to support the government’s National Monetisation Pipeline (NMP).
- NHAI’s InvIT is a Trust established by NHAI under the Indian Trusts Act, 1882 and SEBI (Security and Exchange Board of India) regulations.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi had approved the NHAI’s Infrastructure Investment Trust (InvIT) in December 2019, and the company had started to meet investor groups the following year.
Click Here To Read More: NHAI’s InvIT