- Aspirational Districts Programme
- MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme
Focus: GS II- Government policies and Interventions
Why in News?
As part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, NITI Aayog held a day-long conference on the Aspirational Districts Programme (ADP).
About Aspirational Districts Programme
- Aspirational Districts are those districts in India, that are affected by poor socio-economic indicators.
- These are aspirational in the context, that improvement in these districts can lead to the overall improvement in human development in India.
- At the Government of India level, the programme is anchored by NITI Aayog. In addition, individual Ministries have assumed responsibility to drive the progress of districts.
- The objective of the program is to monitor the real-time progress of aspirational districts.
- Aspirational Districts’ programme (ADP) is based on 49 indicators from the 5 identified thematic areas, which focuses closely on improving people’s Health & Nutrition, Education, Agriculture & Water Resources, Financial Inclusion & Skill Development, and Basic Infrastructure.
- With States as the main drivers, ADP seeks to focus on the strength of each district, identify low-hanging fruits for immediate improvement, measure progress, and rank districts.
- There are 115 districts identified from 28 states as Aspirational Districts, at least one from each state.
Focus: GS III- Indian Economy (Effects Of Liberalization On The Economy)
Why in News?
The Union Ministry for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has launched the MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme.
MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme
- This Scheme is a multi-pronged effort to help MSMEs embrace Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) practises.
- Its goal is to encourage them to pursue ZED Certification while also encouraging them to become MSME Champions.
- MSMEs may minimise waste, increase productivity, raise environmental awareness, conserve energy, make better use of natural resources, grow their markets, and more with the ZED Certification.
Click Here To Read More: MSME Sustainable (ZED) Certification Scheme