- ICAO Joins International Solar Alliance
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission
Focus: GS II: International Relations
Why in News?
Recently, the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the International Solar Alliance (ISA) during the 42nd session of ICAO Assembly in Montreal, Canada.
- Cochin International Airport in India became the world’s first fully Solar powered airport in the world in 2015.
ICAO Memorandum of Understanding with ISA:
- The MoU carries forward the legacy of ISA.
- The occasion heralds a fresh start for solar energy use in the world’s civil aviation industry.
- It will make it possible for the aviation industry to go solar in all ISA Member States.
- In order to achieve India’s Net Zero Targets, it wants to slow the growth of CO2 emissions in the aviation sector.
- It will endeavour to spread awareness, support causes, create capacity, and carry out demonstration projects.
Click Here To Read More: ICAO Joins International Solar Alliance
Focus: GS II: Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Prime Minister has given the message of cleanliness to the entire countrymen on many occasions. To fulfill this dream of Prime Minister, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is engaged with its full capacity and full determination.
About Khadi Village Industries Commission:
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) is a statutory body of the Indian Constitution.
- It comes under the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
- It was established by Khadi and Village Industries Act, 1956. It has been amended twice, in 1965 and 2006.
Objectives of KVIC
The broad objectives of the Khadi Village and Industries Commission encompassing self-reliance and sustainability are:
- To boost employment in the country.
- To promote the promotion and sale of Khadi articles
- To cater to the self-reliance doctrine of the country by empowering underprivileged and rural sections of the society.
Click Here To Read More: Khadi and Village Industries Commission