- Param Ananta
- PM CARES for Children Scheme
- National AI Portal (INDIAai)
Focus: GS III- Science and Technology
Why in News?
Param Ananta, a state-of the art Supercomputer was commissioned at IIT Gandhinagar.
- Param Ananta is capable of offering peak performance of 838 teraflops.
- It is a joint initiative of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Department of Science and Technology (DST).
- This facility is established under Phase 2 of the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM).
- The system is equipped with a mix of CPU nodes, GPU nodes, High Memory nodes, High throughput storage and high performance Infiniband.
- The supercomputer will rank behind C-DAC’s Param Siddhi-AI, which as of November 2021 was the 102nd most powerful supercomputer in the world — with peak performance capability of 3.3 petaflops.
Click Here To Read More: Param Ananta.
Focus: GS II- Government Policies and Intervention
Why in News?
Prime Minister released benefits under PM CARES for Children Scheme.
About PM CARES For Children scheme:
- Prime Minister had announced comprehensive support for children who have lost both their parents due to COVID 19 pandemic.
- The objective of the scheme is to ensure comprehensive care and protection of children who have lost their parent(s) to COVID pandemic, in a sustained manner, enable their wellbeing through health insurance, empower them through education and equip them for self-sufficient existence with financial support on reaching 23 years of age.
- The PM CARES for children scheme inter alia provides support to these children through convergent approach, gap funding for ensuring education, health, monthly stipend from the age of 18 years, and lump sum amount of Rs. 10 lakh on attaining 23 years of age.
Click Here To Read More: PM CARES for Children Scheme
Focus: Prelims, GS-III: Science and Technology
Why in News?
National AI Portal (INDIAai.gov.in) celebrates its second anniversary
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- Artificial intelligence is the branch of computer science concerned with making computers behave like humans.
- AI refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making.
- It is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computers.
- It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making and execute tasks in real time situations without constant supervision.
- Particular applications of AI include expert systems, speech recognition and machine vision.
Click Here To Read More: National AI Portal (INDIAai)