Why in news?
Once the COVID-19 dust settles down, a new order will emerge in the job market, analysts say. Several new jobs in the field of health and hygiene and technology may come up.
Segments that could see a steady increase in business when the dust settles:
- Over-the-top (OTT) services,
- Work-from-home virtual team
- Project management software
- Virtual medical tourism could take off to provide psychological aid and faster therapeutic healing to patients.
- Services and health sectors will see a spike.
- There will be increased demand for contract employees across delivery services, fulfilment centres and contact centres to manage and support disaster management activities, sanitisation and cleaning work.
- But companies will have full-time employees in their core areas and across IT digital skills, online marketing and content writing.
- Experts said a gig economy, a labour market characterised by prevalence of short-term work contracts and freelance work as opposed to permanent jobs, will be institutionalised post the COVID-19 mayhem.