Focus: GS II- Welfare schemes
Why in News?
Recently, Government has modified the earlier scheme of ‘Special Central Assistance to Tribal Sub-Scheme (SCA to TSS)’ with nomenclature ‘Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAAGY)’ for implementation during 2021-22 to 2025-26.
About Pradhan Mantri Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana
- By providing Special Central Assistance as an addition to the State Tribal Sub-Plan, it supports the efforts of State Governments to promote the welfare of Tribal People (TSP).
- It attempts to address funding gaps and provide essential infrastructure in communities with sizable tribal populations by combining funds from other Central Scheduled Tribe Component programmes.
- The SCA to TSS Scheme was further revised to capture the Gaps in crucial socio-economic “Monitorable Indicators” as part of several sectors/domains, in order to assure the complete development of the chosen villages, ensuring that they can in fact become “Adarsh Grams.”
- These domains include water and sanitation, education, health and nutrition, agricultural best practices etc. amongst others.
- Based on a need assessment process, needs or gaps with regard to “Monitorable Indicators” are identified.
- The information gathered throughout the Need Assessment process served as the foundation for the “Village Development Plan” (VDP).
- PMAGY offers a framework for other Schemes to be implemented convergently with the goal of achieving saturation in the various domains.
- Creating a village development plan based on potential, goals, and necessities.
- Increasing the scope of state and central government assistance programmes for individuals and families.
- Enhancing the infrastructure in key areas such as health, education, connectivity, and livelihood.
- The scheme envisions to mitigate gaps in prominent 8 sectors of development:
- Road connectivity (Internal and Inter village /block)
- Telecom connectivity (Mobile /internet)
- Anganwadi Centres
- Health Sub-Centre
- Drinking water facility
- Solid waste management