During 2020-21 to 2022-23, a total of 107,156 beneficiaries have been trained under the PM-DAKSH Yojana.
GS II- Government Policies and interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- About PM-DAKSH
- What is the Significance of the Scheme?
- PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana is a National Action Plan for skilling of marginalized persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
- It is being implemented from the year 2020-21.
- It will provide skill development training programmes for qualified target groups in the areas of Short Term Training Programs, Up-Skilling/Reskilling, Entrepreneurship Development Programs, and Long Term Training Programs.
- Government training institutes, sector skill councils established by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, and other competent organisations are implementing these training programmes.
It is implemented by the three Corporations under the Ministry:
- National Scheduled Castes Finance and Development Corporation (NSFDC),
- National Backward Classes Finance & Development Corporation (NBCFDC),
- National Safai Karamcharis Finance and Development Corporation (NSKFDC).
What is the Significance of the Scheme?
- Most members of the target groups have limited financial resources; consequently, providing training and improving their skills is critical for economic empowerment and upliftment of these marginalised groups.
- Many members of the target groups are rural craftsmen who have become marginalised as a result of the introduction of superior technologies to the market.
- Women cannot participate in wage employment because of their overall domestic responsibilities, which usually entails long working hours and perhaps relocation to other cities; therefore, there is a need to empower women among the target populations.