Why in news?
Union Budget for 2020-21 has made a provision for private players to get into data center market
- All ‘public institutions’ at the gram panchayat level, such as anganwadis, health and wellness centres, government schools, PDS (public distribution system) outlets, post offices and police stations will be provided with digital connectivity
- Fiber to the Home (FTTH) connections through BharatNet will link 100,000 gram panchayats this year
- New technologies such as analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) found a lot of emphasis in Budget 2020
- Government will bring out a policy to enable the private sector to build Data Centre parks throughout the country
- Data must have strong credibility. The proposed new National Policy on Official Statistics would use latest technology, including AI
- AI, the Internet of Things, 3D printing, drones, DNA data storage, quantum computing, etc., were re-writing the world economic order