The Rural Development Ministry recently said that ULPIN has been adopted by 26 states and union territories so far.
GS II: Government Policies and Interventions
Dimensions of the Article:
- About Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN):
- Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP):
About Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN):
- The Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) is a 14-digit identification number that is a part of the Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP).
- It aims to uniquely identify every surveyed parcel of land and prevent land fraud, especially in rural India where land records are outdated and disputed.
- ULPIN is based on the longitude and latitude coordinates of the land parcel and depends on detailed surveys and geo-referenced cadastral maps.
- It is a single, authoritative source of truth for information on any parcel of land or property to provide integrated land services to the citizens as well as all stakeholders.
- ULPIN will compile every detail pertaining to different properties from across the country and link various types of data relating to the landed properties, which are currently under the possession of different ministries and departments.
Digital India Land Records Modernization Programme (DILRMP):
- DILRMP is a central sector scheme implemented by the Department of Land Resources under the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Its aim is to develop an Integrated Land Information Management System (ILIMS) across the country by building upon the commonalities that exist in land records in various states.
- The ILIMS integrates all land records databases with banks, financial institutions, circle rates, registration offices, and other sectors.
- Major components of the program include the computerization of land records, survey/re-survey, and computerization of registration.
-Source: Times of India