With reference to Scheduled Areas in India, consider the following statements:
1. Within a State, the notification of an area as Scheduled Area takes place through an Order of the President.
2. The largest administrative unit forming the Scheduled Area is the District and the lowest is the cluster of villages in the Block
3. Chief Ministers of the concerned States are required to submit annual reports to the Union Home Ministry on the administration of Scheduled Areas in the States.
How many of the above statements are correct?
(a) Only on
(b) Only two
(c) All three
- Statement 1: Correct – The notification of an area as a Scheduled Area within a State takes place through an Order of the President.
- Statement 2: Incorrect – The administrative units in Scheduled Areas can vary and are not limited to districts or blocks.
- Statement 3: Incorrect – It is the Governors, not the Chief Ministers, who are required to submit annual reports on the administration of Scheduled Areas. Answer: (a) Only one.