Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
Recently, The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) said it has extended the deadline for submission of applications for the National Startup Awards 2023 to June 15, 2023.
About National Startup Awards 2023:
- The National Startup Awards 2023 is an initiative aimed at celebrating innovation and entrepreneurship in India, in line with Vision India @2047.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has invited applications across 20 different categories, ranging from aerospace to retail and emerging technologies.
- The primary objective of the awards is to recognize and reward exceptional startups and enablers in the ecosystem that have developed innovative products and made a measurable social impact.
- Each category will have one winning startup that will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 10 lakh.
- In addition to the cash prize, the winners and finalists will receive exclusive government support, including connections with investors and government agencies, mentorship, access to international markets, and opportunities to collaborate with corporates and unicorns.
- The National Startup Awards were first launched in 2020 and continue to promote and encourage the growth of startups in India.