Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Ltd (IFFCO) recently said it had signed an agreement with California-based Kapoor Enterprises Inc to export liquid nano urea to the US.
GS III: Agriculture
Dimensions of the Article:
- Nano Urea
- Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO):
- Nano Urea is an innovative agricultural input based on nanotechnology that supplies nitrogen to plants.
- It is developed and patented by the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO).
- It is the only nano fertilizer approved by the Government of India and included in the Fertilizer Control Order (FCO).
- Nano Urea has a desirable particle size of about 20-50 nm, providing more surface area and a greater number of nitrogen particles compared to conventional urea prill.
- It contains 4.0% total nitrogen (w/v).
- The production process of Nano Urea is energy-efficient and environmentally friendly, resulting in lower carbon footprints.
- It offers increased availability to crops by over 80%, leading to improved nutrient use efficiency.
- Nano Urea is expected to enhance crop productivity, soil health, and the nutritional quality of produce while addressing the issues related to the excessive use of conventional fertilizers.
Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO):
- IFFCO is the largest multi-state cooperative society in India, fully owned by Indian cooperatives.
- It is primarily involved in the production and distribution of fertilizers.
- Headquarters: New Delhi, India.
-Source: Live Mint