Focus: GS Paper -3: Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, and robotics
Why in News?
Union Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology and Skill Development & Entrepreneurship said the Government is determined to develop artificial intelligence and AI powered solutions that will benefit India as well as transform lives of its people.
- AI will be kinetic enabler of India’s digital economy and also make Governance smarter and more data-led.
- The Prime Minister has also emphasised on making India a Global Talent Hub for AI under the IndiaAI
What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
- Artificial intelligence is the branch of computer science concerned with making computers behave like humans.
- AI refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making.
- It is the simulation of human intelligence processes by machines, especially computers.
- It refers to the ability of machines to perform cognitive tasks like thinking, perceiving, learning, problem solving and decision making and execute tasks in real time situations without constant supervision.
- Particular applications of AI include expert systems, speech recognition and machine vision.