Recently an upgraded geo-imaging web portal, Bhuvan Panchayat 3.0 was launched during the National Workshop on “Space-based Information Support for Decentralised Planning-2″.
The launch is part of the advanced Space-based Information Support for Decentralised Planning (SISDP) project.
Services: This version of the portal will provide database visualisation and services for the benefit of panchayat members, among others.
The targeted audiences for this portal are Public, PRIs and different stakeholders belonging to the gram panchayats.
Using Bhuvan satellite imagery, hi-resolution database at 1:10,000 scale is applied to identify land use land cover, settlements, road and rail network etc. The portal offers database visualization, data analytics, generation of automatic reports, model-based products and services for Gram Panchayat members and other stake-holders.
In the project that will last for at least two years, ISRO will collaborate with the gram panchayat members and stakeholders to understand their data requirements.
The project is meant to provide geo-spatial services to aid gram panchayat development planning process of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Bhuvan, as a platform, is open and can be used by a diverse user community such as Central and State Governments Departments, Academia and Industry. Few examples are:
- Bhuvan-Bhujal: Ground Water Prospects Information System
- School Bhuvan: An e-learning portal for the students
- ENVIS program of Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
- Bhuvan Ganga: Enables people participation in providing vital information for Clean Ganga project
- Srishti-Drishti: An Integrated Watershed Development Program