Focus: Facts for Prelims
Why in News?
Recently, the Singapore Army and Indian Army participated in Exercise Bold Kurukshetra which was held at Jodhpur Military Station, India.
Bold Kurukshetra: India-Singapore Bilateral Military Exercise
- The Bold Kurukshetra is an annual bilateral military exercise between India and Singapore.
- It is in its 13th edition, with the first exercise conducted in 2005.
- Hosted by the Indian Army, the exercise involves soldiers from the 42nd Battalion, Singapore Armoured Regiment and an Armoured Brigade of the Indian Army.
- This year’s exercise marked the first time that both armies participated in a command post exercise involving Battalion and Brigade level planning elements and computer wargaming.
- The exercise aims to enhance cooperation between the two armies, developing inter-operability through a computer simulation-based Wargame using joint operational and tactical procedures controlled through a joint command post.
- It focuses on understanding mechanised warfare in emerging threats and evolving technologies.
- The exercise underscores the strong and long-standing bilateral defence relationship between both countries.
- Both defence establishments interact regularly through high-level visits, policy dialogues, courses and other professional exchanges.