The Chief Minister of Delhi will represent the Capital and India at the World Cities Cultural Forum.
Prelims, GS-II: International Relations (Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India’s Interests), GS-I: Art and Culture
Dimensions of the Article:
- About the World Cities Culture Forum (WCCF)
- World Cities Culture Summit
- The World Cities Culture Report
About the World Cities Culture Forum (WCCF)
- The World Cities Culture Forum is a network of local governments and cultural sector leaders from 43 world cities. (http://www.worldcitiescultureforum.com/ – 43 cities are listed).
- The World Cities Culture Forum was established in London in 2012 with eight cities (London, New York City, Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Istanbul, Sydney and Johannesburg) convened by the Mayor of London.
- Underpinning the World Cities Culture Forum’s work is an extensive programme of research and publications: The World Cities Culture Report is the network’s flagship publication.
- It also publishes the World Cities Culture Finance Report is the first comparative analysis of culture financing in world cities.
- The World Cities Culture Forum database is a comprehensive database on culture in world cities.
World Cities Culture Summit
- Each year, members of the World Cities Culture Forum meet at the three-day World Cities Culture Summit which is an opportunity for members to share best practice.
- Forum members collaborate via a programme of events including themed symposia, regional summits and workshops. These events feed into the annual World Cities Culture Summit.
- It enables the policy makers of member cities to share research and intelligence, and explores the vital role of culture in their future prosperity.
- The World Cities Culture Forum 2021 Theme is – “The Future of Culture”.
The World Cities Culture Report
- The World Cities Culture Report is a compendium of data and innovative policies in cities, providing an analysis of comparative data and identifying emerging issues.
- It is published on a triennial basis.
- The first version of this report was launched in London during the 2012 Summer Olympics.
-Source: The Hindu