- How does the CBI take up cases?
- Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022
- Who are the Bucharest Nine (B9) Countries?
The Calcutta High Court has ordered the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to investigate the killings in West Bengal’s Birbhum district.
- Main investigating agency of the GoI.
- Not a statutory body
- Derives its powers from the Delhi Special Police Establishment Act, 1946.
- Works under the supervision of the CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) in matters pertaining to the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
- India’s official representative with the INTERPOL.
Click Here To Read More: How does the CBI take up cases?
The Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022 was tabled in Lok Sabha.
What is the MCD Amendment Bill?
- The Bill seeks to amend The Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957
- Under the 2011 Act, the erstwhile Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) was divided into separate North, South, and East Delhi Municipal Corporations.
Click Here To Read More: Delhi Municipal Corporation (Amendment) Bill, 2022
The envoys to India of nine Eastern European countries called Bucharest Nine jointly wrote to Indian public about the Russian invasion in Ukraine.
What is Bucharest Nine?
- It is a group of nine NATO countries in Eastern Europe that became part of the US-led military alliance after the end of the Cold War.
- It was founded on November 4, 2015, and takes its name from Bucharest, the capital of Romania.
- The B9 are Romania, Poland, Hungary, Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania.
- All members of the B9 are part of the European Union (EU) and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO).
Functions of B9
- Deepening the dialogue and consultation among the participant allied states.
- Total compliance with the principles of solidarity and indivisibility of the security of the NATO Member States.
Source – Indian Express