Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 14 November 2022
- Pledging Indo-Pacific peace and stability
- Tracking system for methane emissions from space
The 19th ASEAN-India Summit recently took place in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Vice President Jagdeep Dhankhar represented India.
GS Paper – 2: Groupings & Agreements Involving India and/or Affecting India’s Interests, Bilateral Groupings & Agreements, India and its Neighbourhood.
Instead of joining the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework, India should prefer bilateral economic forums with the United States. Do you agree with the assertion? Discuss the importance of IPEF in the Indo-Pacific region as well. (200 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Pledging Indo-Pacific Peace and Stability
- The Methane Alert and Response System (MARS) was launched at the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change’s 27th Conference of Parties (COP27) in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt.
- MARS is a new satellite-based system that will now assist governments in detecting and addressing methane emissions.
- As part of global efforts to slow climate change by addressing methane, the UN announced a new satellite-based system to detect methane emissions and allow governments and businesses to respond.
GS 1: Geography, climate change
GS 3: Environment protection
Do you believe that goals such as net zero emissions and afforestation can help to mitigate the negative effects of climate change? (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: Tracking System For Methane Emissions From Space