Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 16 November 2022
- India’s Forgotten People Are Ready to Rise Up
- What is at stake at the G20 Summit?
The article emphasised the importance of uplifting India’s tribal population and the government’s efforts to empower them, address their pressing institutional issues, and integrate them into society by valuing their cultural heritage.
GS Paper 2: Social Justice
Explain how the imperatives of ‘development’ have shaped Indian attitudes toward tribes. Discuss how this has influenced state policies. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: India’s Forgotten People Are Ready to Rise Up
- Heads of state and governments from 20 of the world’s major advanced and emerging economies have gathered in Bali, Indonesia, for a two-day summit meeting.
- The G20 countries’ 17th annual summit is being held in Bali, Indonesia.
- At the conclusion of the meeting, India, represented by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will take over the G20 presidency.
- Next year’s summit will be held in India.
GS Paper 2: Important International institutions, agencies and fora, their structure, mandate.
Do you believe that the recent G20 summits have devolved into talking shops rather than getting down to business? Analyze critically. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: What Is At Stake At The G20 Summit?