Editorials/Opinions Analysis For UPSC 29 November 2022
- India – Egypt Relations
- India’s Transition to Green Energy
- According to the Ministry of External Affairs, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al Sisi will be the keynote speaker at the Republic Day celebration in January 2023.
- The President of the Arab Republic of Egypt will be the Chief Guest at our Republic Day for the first time.
- Sisi will be the first such visitor since 2020, as guests scheduled for 2021 and 2022 were cancelled due to COVID-19.
GS Paper 2- International relations, Bilateral relations
India must reconsider its strategic convergence with the United States, as the United States’ foreign policy in the Middle East affects India’s interests. Comment. (250 words)
Click Here To Read More: India – Egypt Relations
- Climate change is an existential threat with the potential to alter the course of human history. The traditional energy sources that contribute the most to climate change are fossil fuels. They are responsible for more than 75% of global greenhouse gas emissions and roughly 90% of total carbon dioxide emissions.
- Green energy is the key solution for a better future, allowing India to meet its net zero emission target by 2070.
- As a result, India should pioneer a new economic development model that avoids the carbon-intensive approaches that many countries have pursued in the past and provides a blueprint for other developing economies to transition to clean energy.
GS Paper – 3: Issues Relating to Development, Growth & Development, Renewable Energy, Environmental Pollution & Degradation
Examine the current state of India’s energy sector and propose novel ways for the country to transition to green energy. (150 Words)
Click Here To Read More: India’s Transition to Green Energy