Why in news?
- A 15 member foreign envoys’ delegation arrived in Srinagar on a two day visit to J&K and met over 100 people, including senior Valley based politicians, top newspaper editors and grassroots representatives.
Why did they come?
- They were seeking a feedback on the ground situation post the revocation of the State’s special status, Pakistan’s attempts at interference and immediate demands of the people
Related foreign visits in the past
- A 28-member delegation from European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019. The delegation visited Kashmir on October 29, 1019.
- The delegation was to check on the reality of the situation in Kashmir.
- This was the first trip to the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country.
- India rejected US ‘s plea to visit the region earlier in October 2019.