- A 15 member foreign envoys’
delegation arrived in Srinagar on a two day visit to J&K and met over
100 people, including senior Valley based politicians, top newspaper
editors and grassroots representatives.
- They were seeking a feedback
on the ground situation post the revocation of the State’s special status,
Pakistan’s attempts at interference and immediate demands of the people
foreign visits in the past
- A 28-member delegation from
European Union met PM Modi on October 28, 2019. The delegation visited
Kashmir on October 29, 1019.
- The delegation was to check
on the reality of the situation in Kashmir.
- This was the first trip to
the region by a foreign delegation after India revoked Article 370 and
integrated Kashmir with the rest of the country.
- India rejected US ‘s plea to
visit the region earlier in October 2019.