Focus: GS-II: Polity and Governance
Why in News?
Grameen Udyami Project launched in Ranchi to promote skill development and Entrepreneurship amongst the tribal youth
- The National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in partnership with Seva Bharti and Yuva Vikas Society launched the second phase of Grameen Udyami Project in Jharkhand.
- Under the initiative, the endeavour is to multiskill India’s youth and impart functional skills to them for enabling livelihoods.
- The project emphasised on the involvement of tribal communities in the workforce, ensuring their holistic development to make them self-reliant and contained within their respective geographies.
- The project gives boost to Skill India Mission
About Grameen Udyami Project:
- Grameen Udyami is a unique multiskilling project, funded by NSDC that aims to train 450 tribal students in Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand.
- The project is being implemented in six states— Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Gujarat.
- Increase in Rural/Local Economy
- Enhance employment opportunities
- Reduce forced migration due to lack of local opportunities
- Conservation of natural resources
- The training under the project will be conducted in the following Job roles which are relevant to the local economy.
- Electrician & Solar PV Installation Technician
- Plumbing & Masonry
- 2-Wheeler Repair & Maintenance
- IT/ITES with e-Governance
- Farm Mechanization
- The project is implemented under Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana.