Focus: GS-II International Relations
Why in news?
Indian Prime Minister will deliver the keynote address at the India Ideas Summit.
India Ideas Summit
- The India Ideas Summit is being hosted by the US-India Business Council (USIBC).
- The theme for this year’s India Ideas Summit is ‘Building a Better Future’.
- The Summit will witness discussions on areas including India-US cooperation and future of the relation between the two counties in a post pandemic world.
- The virtual Summit will feature high-level presence from Indian and US government policymakers, state-level officials, and thought leaders from business and society.
U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC)
- The U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) was formed in 1975 as a business advocacy organization.
- UISBC was established to enlighten and encourage the private sectors of both India and United States to enhance investment flows.
- The organization serves as a direct link between business and Government leaders, resulting in increased trade and investment to strengthen ties between the two nations.
- USIBC partners with the major trade associations in India, including The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), The American Chamber of Commerce in India (AmCham India), National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM), etc.
- The Council’s mission is to promote trade relations between India and the United States.
- Council supports pro-growth policies and increased bilateral engagement, focusing in two-way trade.
- In 2017, U.S.-India Business Council (USIBC) announced a collaborative initiative titled Women for Women Innovators, Social Leaders, & Entrepreneurs (WISE).