Focus: GS-II International Relations
Why in news?
- Eight binational teams consisting of researchers from India and the US have received awards to pursue cutting-edge research in pathogenesis and disease management of COVID-19 through Indo-US virtual networks.
- The Indo-US Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) announced the awards.
- The areas of research they will pursue include antiviral coatings, immune modulation, tracking SARS CoV-2 in wastewater, disease detection mechanisms, reverse genetics strategies, and drug repurposing.
Indo-U.S. Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
- The Indo – U.S Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) was established under an agreement between the Governments of India and the United States of America in 2000.
- It is an autonomous bilateral organization jointly funded by both the Governments.
- Its aim is to promote Science, Technology, Engineering and Innovation through substantive interaction among government, academia and industry.
- The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India and the U.S. Department of States are respective nodal departments.