Why in news?
India has deployed its aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya in the Arabian Sea at a time China and Pakistan are holding a nine-day mega naval exercise in the region.
- Pakistan and China on Monday launched a major drill in the north Arabian Sea called “Sea Guardians”.
- Aim is to increase interoperability and strategic cooperation between their two navies.
- The exercise is taking place in the midst of heightened tension between India and Pakistan over the Kashmir issue.
- Key platforms of both China and Pakistan, including submarines, destroyers and frigates, are part of the exercise.
- Aircraft carrier INS Vikramaditya, with MiG29K fighters on board, has been sent with a strategic objective