Why in news?
- The Ministry of Culture’s Development of Museums and Cultural Spaces hosts a webinar on ‘Revitalising Museums and Cultural Spaces’ on the International Museum Day, on 18th May 2020.
- The objective of the videoconference is to identify the possible policy actions that will help alleviate the short- and long-term effects of the crisis on museums, cultural spaces and their broader ecosystems.
- Organised for leading Indian and global cultural institutions, creative businesses, start-ups, policy makers and media, experts in the webinar discussed the way forward for the culture and creative industry.
International Museum Day
- International Museum Day is held annually on or around 18 May, coordinated by the International Council of Museums (ICOM).
- The event highlights a specific theme which changes every year to reflect the basis of the international museum community’s preoccupations.
- The objective of International Museum Day (IMD) is to raise awareness that, Museums are an important means of cultural exchange.
- The theme for International Museum Day 2020 is – Museums for Equality: Diversity and Inclusion.